- the paper on the msr'13 error went MUCH better than expected.
- one reported mistake gives you integrity. two, on the other hand...
- been thinking much more on best practices for data mining research. we're going to have to get to coding standards, code reviews, etc.
- see regency rules http://dapse.unbox.org/?regency
- lots of interest in learning from the history of msr
- More generally, might be an opportunity for papers on methodological guidance at mst
- let us all start committing to the repos +1 a day.
data science tutorial
- 25 attendees
- over half from industry
- ekrem reports that in the san fran start up culture, anyone with a little data mining skills goes far
CMSBSE (combining Modelling and Search-Based Software Engineering)
- abdel's workshop talk went well
- lots of talk talk talk
- lots of "pattern invention" (grey beards, stroking their chin)
- some "pattern discovery"
- e.g. commit graphs barbara russo https://pro.unibz.it/staff/brusso/Publications/icsews13dapse-id7-p-16144-preprint.pdf
- e.g. analysis patterns barbara russo https://pro.unibz.it/staff/brusso/Publications/icsews13dapse-id6-p-16144-preprint.pdf
- my new religon: data analysis patterns
- book #2 (sharing data and models) is now underway
- book #1 (data analysis patterns book) scuttled by dapse workshop. field currently too diverse to accept analysis patters
- abdel's talk went well. and, the ever present question, why didn't you use a theorem prover
- sonia (from wayne state)'s talk went well
RAISE (realizing AI synergies in SE)